GridTrak openPDC Integration
GridTrak to openPDC Integration Issues
- 1. Device Configuration using IEEE C37.118-2005 commands. What needs to be done to implement custom configuration commands?
- 2. Host synchronization needs to be implemented using a IEEE C37.118-2005 command. The Host Sync command needs to transmit the SOC to the PHzSensor and GridTrak PMU devices.
- 2.A. Host Sync is used when no GPS PPS is available. The Host PC is the time source. Should be NIST Synchronized.
- 2.B. The PHzSensor and GridTrak PMU can increment the SOC. They only know the FRACSEC after the PPS.
- 3. The PHzSensor and GridTrak PMU can report which synchronization mode generated the last PPS for Time Quality.
- 3.A. Last PPS was a GPS Pulse on INT0 = Best Time Quality
- 3.B. Last PPS was a Host Sync command = Quality depends on PC Host Synchronization with to a time standard.
- 3.C. Last PPS was the micro controller's timer = Quality depends on above and the micro controller's oscillator precision.
- Note: The micro controller timer mode is used between Host Sync commands and in the event of GPS signal loss.
GridTrak PMU Connection Tests
Update June 17, 2010
- IEEE C37.118-2005 Compliance Testing using the openPDC PMU Connection Tester